Anthony Nicholas Narigi Hospitality Scholarship FundClick here to apply
The Anthony Nicholas Narigi Hospitality Scholarship Fund was established by the Alden Family, owners of the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa.This scholarship provides support to students who pursue a career in the hospitality industry and who are enrolled, or plan to enroll, in a hospitality trade school, junior college, four-year public or private institution or graduate programs.
Scholarship AmountUp To $5,000
Number of AwardsUp to 5 Annually
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS(each applicant must meet all of the following):
- Applicants to be residents of Monterey County, San Francisco County, Sonoma County, Napa County, Contra Costa County or Santa Clara County.
- Applicants must be currently employed in the hospitality profession or applying or enrolled in an educational program pursuing a degree or certificate designed for the hospitality industry, which includes:
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must have worked a minimum of 250 hours if currently employed in the hospitality industry or 100 hours if a current student.
In addition to demonstrating eligibility for the scholarships, applicants must submit a Personal Statement, two letters of recommendation from a current or previous employer, or if a student, letters should come from teachers, coaches or counselors, as well as official transcripts from each high school and/or college attended.
Students will be evaluated on the following:
- Content of their Personal Statement
- Work Experience, including intern programs
- Financial Need
- Overall Impression
Top candidates may be invited for an interview.
The Anthony Nicholas Narigi Hospitality Scholarship Fund, c/o Gayle Davies, must receive the completed application packet and all supporting materials (personal statement, letters of recommendation, transcripts, proof of U.S. citizenship and financial statements) by: 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Faxed or postmark date will not be considered.
Please mail complete application packet to:
The Anthony Nicholas Narigi Hospitality Scholarship
c/o Gayle Davies
400 Cannery Row Monterey, CA 93940